The 16th International Biennial Neuman Systems Model Symposium
June 16, 2017
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Connecting Minds, Spirits, and Cultures
The Biennial International Neuman Systems Model Symposium will be organized in Utrecht, The Netherlands on June 16, 2017. The location for the symposium will be located at Hogeschool Domstad. The Neuman Systems Model is especially suited to foster multi-professional and inter-disciplinary collaboration which is necessary for the global need to design person-centered, integrated care. The model provides a well-founded method to increase the ability to cope with adverse events in life and combines prevention theory with system orientation. This creates shared values, a shared language and shared goals across disciplines and cultures. This symposium is a wonderful opportunity to meet participants from different countries and professionals from practice, education, research, and policy. Discussion and interactive workshops give shape to the central theme of this symposium: Connecting minds, spirits, and cultures.
- Provide educational opportunities to advance nursing knowledge utilizing the principles and practices of the Neuman Systems Model.
- Provide educational information, consultation, and networking within and among nursing and members of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Provide awards for Neuman Systems Model-based research, theory development, and education relating to the nursing profession.
Friday, June 16, 2017
Opening and welcomeMarlou de Kuiper, Trustee, President
Academic-Practice Partnerships: International Perspectives within the Context of the Neuman Systems Model.
Jacqueline Fawcett and Sarah Beckman:
Mobile Application for Education in Spirituality.
Awards, introductions of workshops and roundtables, coffee
Roundtable discussions/Worldwide Cafe
(change tables every 20 minutes)
- RN-BS Students use NSM in a Self-Assessment Activity. DeLyndia Green
- NSM Applied with Staff on Self Care. Amy Barnes
- Primary Prevention as Intervention: New Nurses Partner with Employers to Minimize and Address Real World Stressors. Heidi Calabrese Buffenbarger
- Application of the Neuman Systems Model in Education. Sarah Beckman
- The Neuman Systems Model in Mental Health Care. Ferdy Pluck
- Neuman Systems Model as the Theoretical Foundation for Integrated Care. Marlou de Kuiper
- NSM for Beginners (in Dutch). Marlou de Kuiper
- Invoering Neuman Systems Model in het Onderwijs (in Dutch). Hilda van de Heyde
- The Created Environment. Jacqueline Fawcett
- Reconstitution and Health Co-Inquiry. Kathleen Flaherty
- A Holistic Approach Beyond Education. Robertha Langenberg and Aliza Damsma
- Shoring up System Protection: Building an Interdisciplinary Client System with Nursing and Nutrition Students. Joan Timalonis, MSN, RN, CNE, Assistant Professor of Nursing, Cedar Crest College and Sharon M. Melincavage, DEd, RN, CRNP-BC, CNE Associate Professor, Director of the Graduate Nursing Program, Cedar Crest College
Introduction of NSM Trustees
European collaboration EPICC Research into Spirituality.
Rene van Leeuwen
Closing remarks & Welcome to 2019 Symposium in Canton/Akron, Ohio
Marlou DeKuiper, Karen Gehrling, and Kathleen Flaherty
NH hotel Utrecht
Jaarbeursplein 24, Utrecht
Price if you book before May 1: € 110, 63 = 118 US dollars for a room with two beds. They also have rooms with three beds. Participants are responsible for hotel reservations. The prices are very reasonable and it is in an ideal location. From the airport (Schiphol) take the train to Utrecht Central Station, it will take exactly 30 minutes. The Hotel is 5 minutes walk from the station. From hotel: It is a 2 minute walk from the central train station, 5 minute walk to the symposium venue.
Not from the Netherland:
$ 100 USD US residents - make check payable to: NSM Trustee Group, Inc, ATTN: Betsy McDowell, NSMTG Treasurer
131 Annie Dr., Ninety Six, SC 29666, USA.
Also, Please inform us of your participation through firstname.lastname@example.org
deelname: € 85,00 inschrijven via deze link: https://www.hu.nl/OverDeHU/Evenementen/Neuman-Systems-Model-symposium